Ben's work comprises a mixture of litigation and arbitration, particularly within the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA). He also undertakes work in the field of commercial agency for both principals and agents which often has an international and cross-jurisdictional element.
Ben's experience includes all types and values of disputes, including contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, partnership disputes, disputes between directors and claims arising in fraud.
He also has substantial experience advising both agents and principals on commercial agency law and matters arising under the Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993.
His experience includes:
- A $250m LCIA dispute.
- Acting for the Claimant in a $60m Yukos-related claim in the Commercial Court with issues of aľbreach of trust and fiduciary duties.
- c.—25m breach of contract and commercial agents dispute with proceedings in Belgium and London (including defeating a challenge to the English court's jurisdiction).
- A multi-million pound commercial agents claim in the aerospace sector involving a US-based principal.
- Advising a global metals business on multi-million pound dispute.
- Successfully discharging a freezing injunction for three Defendants in a Ł2.2m procurement fraud claim.
- Acting for insurers in claims under the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road (CMR), including advising the largest insurer in Benelux in relation to a claim arising from the theft of —600,000 worth of camera equipment from an HGV.
- Acting for a Defendant multinational heavy machinery company in a Ł2 million commercial agency claim in the Commercial Court.
- Acting for an English respondent to arbitration proceedings brought by a US distributor in America under the rules of the American Arbitration Association.
- Acting for an English exporter in dealing with a Ł600,000 claim brought against it in Lebanon.
- Acting for a UK-based agency company (specialising in highly technical electronic products used in the aerospace industry) against a US-based global corporation in a commercial agency claim.
- Representing the directors and majority shareholders of a Russian oil and gas company in an unfair prejudice action brought by a minority shareholder.