Alison has broad expertise in all areas of employment law, both contentious and non-contentious in nature. Her work includes advising on day to day issues relating to employment contracts, employment policies, performance management, restrictive covenants, workplace investigations and the termination of the employment relationship.
Alison regularly advises on protected disclosures, data protection and equality issues. She also advises employees and employers on redundancy situations and severance agreements and frequently appears before the Workplace Relations Commission and the Labour Court in relation to employment claims and complaints.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising a number of third level education bodies in relation to day to day employment matters including fixed term contracts, protected disclosures, grievance and disciplinary procedures.
- Advising BNP Paribas on employment contract, employment policies, employment permits and day to day employment matters.
- Advising a regulatory body in successfully defending a constructive dismissal claim before the Workplace Relations Commission and the Labour Court.
- Advising an airline company in relation to contracts of employment and employee benefits.
- Advising a medical products manufacturer on managing performance and misconduct issues towards a preferred outcome.
- Successfully representing a French language school teacher who was unfairly dismissed from her employment with a private second level school.