We are innovators in crisis response. We support corporate clients in identifying circumstances that present risk within their business and in structuring internal investigations to run alongside, or in advance of, those that Regulatory Agencies may conduct. We take the responsibility off your shoulders to enable you to focus upon what you do best, running your business.
They take a very commercial view to ensure we receive the appropriate advice, resulting in solutions that work for all parties.
– Chambers & Partners 2017
What we do
An increasing market recognition of the value of effective, strategic crisis management, as well as the ever-changing way in which information is shared and digested, has elevated the importance of formal corporate investigations. Expert intervention can help organisations to avoid and prevent the issues affecting them, to better respond if and when they do arise and reduce the risk of corporate sanctions.
We are recognised for our market-leading track record in handling large and complex investigations relating to Health & Safety; Health, Social Care & Education; Food Regulation; Environmental; Transport; Advertising; Fraud, Corruption and Bribery; and Fire Safety. We have a multi-disciplinary team, spanning all possible areas of corporate investigation for every type of corporate client.
We have and continue to lead investigations into some of the biggest incidents in recent times, responsible for shaping the direction of legal regulation in issues of public importance.
In addition to advising upon these investigations, we offer support with the many challenging PR issues that run alongside organisational crises.
Our Corporate Investigations services include:
- Establishing Core Terms of Reference, dependent upon company objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Conducting phased investigations, reporting within the corporate governance structure as investigations progress.
- Taking responsibility for or supporting internal investigation teams as required to:
- Obtain key witness statements from company employees/third parties
- Structure document gathering, management and review processes
- Identify and instruct suitable expert input
- Providing detailed legal analysis so as to enable companies to assess corporate liabilities and inform management of investigations.
- Established relationships with multiple Regulators.
- Engaging and coordinating PR support, as required, through our expert partners, Alder Media.
We take the strain off
What sets us apart is our understanding, born of experience, of the implications of large scale and sensitive investigations. Our involvement takes the strain off organisations, allowing you to continue with operations, trusting in our expert team.
Whether responding to an issue in advance – for example through corporate risk assessments and implementation of crisis or incident management plans – or advising once a problem has arisen, we build the right team and action plan to get the results you need.
Once an issue is highlighted our specialists will conduct an assessment of the potential risks facing your business, allowing us to respond to issues as they develop, ensuring that your internal investigation properly addresses organisational objectives and minimising any corporate liability.
- Leading investigations following large scale incident and providing key advice in relation to the related Public Inquiry and Police Investigation
- Supporting numerous clients upon internal bribery investigations, including advice upon self-reporting processes across multiple jurisdictions
- Regularly supporting clients through Police Manslaughter investigations, including high profile incidents such as a recent large Power Station collapse
- Assisting a number of institutional clients when responding to allegations of abuse
- We have strong links with a wide range of specialist experts and consultants. This includes having two ex-Principal Inspectors of the HSE working within the DWF team.
- Our Crisis Response offering is unique to DWF. Free to register you receive an hour’s free advice, to assess the issue and determine whether further work is required.
- They take a very commercial view to ensure we receive the appropriate advice, resulting in solutions that work for all parties.
Chambers & Partners 2017
- Simon has excellent people skills, sound judgement, extensive knowledge of his field, and the highest standards of integrity. I can thoroughly recommend Simon Belfield for all aspects of any Local Authority's regulatory crime work.
Stephen Flanagan, Consultant in Occupational Safety and Health